»

Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Little Sidekick

T still continues to be awesome about playing quietly and independently when I am working with M. Friday afternoon while M and I were working on geography I pulled out a set of Discovery tile games for him. As I was explaining how to use the game I wondered it he was old enough to understand and do it correctly. No need to worry. He took to it like a duck to water and had no problems at all. Even after I had finished with M and went upstairs to make lunches he stayed downstairs (very uncommon for him - he likes to be on the same level of the house I am) and played away. 

Fun Fact: these tile games were mine when I was a little girl (about M's age). I have very fond memories of playing them on long car rides. It's been a treat for me seeing my little guy get such joy out of something that I also enjoyed so much as a child. Later that afternoon I told T that those games used to be mine and he said "Wow! So, it's like I'm touching your handprints!" Too sweet.



Ms. M finishing up geography
(of course she did the extra credit and colored in
the entire world map we had been working on
all week)

No comments:

Post a Comment